Santa Fe Pet Clinic is always looking for passionate veterinary professionals to join our Olathe animal clinic!
Why work at Santa Fe Pet Clinic?
At our family-friendly, well-equipped facility, we take great pride in offering the best in veterinary care, including surgery, X-rays, hospitalization, laser therapy, and boarding. We are committed to partnering with you to keep your animal companion healthy and happy for many years to come. We are centrally located in Olathe, KS with easy access to many different areas full of fun activities for families and for single lifestyles also.
We pride ourselves in our customer service. Our area may be more rural than bigger cites, but there is still plenty of “city” life available in the surrounding area if you just drive 10 to 15 minutes from Olathe. If you like football, baseball, soccer and even hockey – Kansas City offers all the different sporting events. We hope you will want to join our “family” in our vision of providing the best care to our clients and their “fur babies”.
Licensed Veterinarian (DVM)
Santa Fe Pet Clinic is seeking a highly motivated and caring Veterinarian to join our team.Salary will be decided based upon experience and requirements of individual and discussed at interview time.
The position offered will be part time initially and graduate into full time later. Our clinic is a privately owned, small animal practice located in Olathe, KS.
Our convenient location would accommodate both suburban and rural lifestyles, with easy access to many Kansas City events and attractions. Initial schedule is negotiable.
We believe in a family friendly atmosphere with our patients,clients and employees. Please check out our website at: www.santafepetclinicolathe.com.
Salary negotiated at time of interview.
What our clinic can offer you
- Our practice has been established for over 25 years
- A flexible mentoring program based on a new graduate’s needs and input
- Low turn-over staff who work well as a team with a family atmosphere
- Many long-term, established clients
- Competitive benefit package, including paid vacation, paid C.E courses, paid licenses and professional organization dues.
- A well maintained, clean clinic with up-to-date Lab, X-Ray and Laser equipment.
- A continuously growing community.
- Local emergency clinic to cover after hours emergencies.
- Many free, high quality continuing education opportunities through the KCVMA, local specialty clinics, and other organizations.
- Perform physical examinations and diagnostic procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort
- Communicate with clients regarding patient diagnosis, treatment plans, preventative health care and nutritional needs.
- Maintain client/patient medical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols
- Collaborate with veterinary assistants and other staff members to provide top-notch care to clients and patients
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM)
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work collaboratively with other hospital team members
- Excellent time management skills and problem solving capabilities
Job Type: Part-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Kansas (Required)
- Store Discounts
- One location
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Please apply via our website or email your resume and/or application to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently seeking a Kennel Technician to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is passionate about animals and working with a team.
The Kennel Techs will be responsible for cleaning cages, feeding animals, and assisting with patient care.
You will be back up coverage for vacations, holidays, and day shifts.
We are hiring for the 7:45 AM to 11:00 AM shift.
The afternoon shift hours are 3 PM to usually 6:30 or 7 pm. Your position is part-time, as needed during busy boarding times and holidays and is competitive with other jobs in this area. If you are in high school, during the school year the shift is 3:45 or 4:00 pm until 7 pm.
Please put the needed salary amount on your application when you apply at our website, in your email or if you apply online from a job page.
Pay based on experience.
Clean kennel cages.
Cleaning windows, cabinets, countertops, bathroom, sinks, and all surfaces in the clinic.
Walk and feed all boarders and treatment patients.
Give animals medicine.
Clean up after all patients, and learn handling techniques for difficult patients.
The right candidate will show initiative and pay close attention to detail when it comes to animal care.
Previous experience caring for animals will be advantageous.
If you are interested in a career working with animals, this is the best job to learn more about the Veterinarian field of study. This job will give you a lot of on-the-job training that will be useful if you are going into any animal care career. Our perfect candidate should possess the strong ability to multitask, strong attention to detail, excellent time management skills, no problem handling dogs or cats, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work well with our team of caring employees as well as the clients we serve. If you have allergies to animals, fur, or uneasiness around cats, this is not the position for you.
Please check our website http://www.santafepetclinicolathe.com to download an application.
About Santa Fe Pet Clinic
Our Mission is to serve with excellence to promote superlative health and lasting relationships between pets, owners, and our staff in a pleasant, positive, trustworthy manner. This mission is our goal for everything we do at Santa Fe Pet Clinic. It is why we are here. Dr. Leslie Wegele bought the practice in 1993 and has sought to live out that statement since the day we opened our doors. Now he and his associate, Dr. Michelle Taylor, together have continued to improve the facilities, the medical protocols, and their skills and education. Dr. Wegele states, “It is an ongoing process of reaching for excellence and meeting that goal to the best of our ability patient by patient and client by client.”
We care about our pet owners and their pets. They are more than just business… they are family.
The benefits package for this position includes competitive pay, IRA(401K) matching, uniform allowance, pet care discounts, and vacation time.