Santa Fe Pet Clinic is always looking for passionate veterinary professionals to join our Olathe animal clinic!
Why work at Santa Fe Pet Clinic?
At our family-friendly, well-equipped facility, we take great pride in offering the best in veterinary care, including surgery, X-rays, hospitalization, laser therapy, and boarding. We are committed to partnering with you to keep your animal companion healthy and happy for many years to come. We are centrally located in Olathe, KS with easy access to many different areas full of fun activities for families and for single lifestyles also.
We pride ourselves in our customer service. Our area may be more rural than bigger cites, but there is still plenty of “city” life available in the surrounding area if you just drive 10 to 15 minutes from Olathe. If you like football, baseball, soccer and even hockey – Kansas City offers all the different sporting events. We hope you will want to join our “family” in our vision of providing the best care to our clients and their “fur babies”.
Santa Fe Pet Clinic is seeking a highly motivated and caring Veterinarian to join our team.Salary will be decided based upon experience and requirements of individual and discussed at interview time.
The position offered will be part time initially and graduate into full time later. Our clinic is a privately owned, small animal practice located in Olathe, KS.
Our convenient location would accommodate both suburban and rural lifestyles, with easy access to many Kansas City events and attractions. Initial schedule is negotiable.
We believe in a family friendly atmosphere with our patients,clients and employees. Please check out our website at: www.santafepetclinicolathe.com.
Salary negotiated at time of interview.
What our clinic can offer you
- Our practice has been established for over 25 years
- A flexible mentoring program based on a new graduate’s needs and input
- Low turn-over staff who work well as a team with a family atmosphere
- Many long-term, established clients
- Competitive benefit package, including paid vacation, paid C.E courses, paid licenses and professional organization dues.
- A well maintained, clean clinic with up-to-date Lab, X-Ray and Laser equipment.
- A continuously growing community.
- Local emergency clinic to cover after hours emergencies.
- Many free, high quality continuing education opportunities through the KCVMA, local specialty clinics, and other organizations.
- Perform physical examinations and diagnostic procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort
- Communicate with clients regarding patient diagnosis, treatment plans, preventative health care and nutritional needs.
- Maintain client/patient medical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols
- Collaborate with veterinary assistants and other staff members to provide top-notch care to clients and patients
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM)
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work collaboratively with other hospital team members
- Excellent time management skills and problem solving capabilities
Job Type: Part-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Kansas (Required)
- Store Discounts
- One location
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Please apply via our website or email your resume and/or application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service Representative At a Veterinary Clinic
BE A PART OF A TEAM THAT CARES FOR PETS & EACH OTHER!
Santa Fe Pet Clinic is looking for a Customer Service Representative for the front desk. Are you looking to be a part of a hospital team that feels like family? Do you love animals? Are you fun, upbeat & dependable? If so, we would love to connect with you!
The CSR is the pivot around which the hospital operates and is responsible for:
Customer service functions include:
- Greeting visitors
- Answering telephones
- Guiding clients and their pets to exam rooms
- Scheduling and confirming appointments
- Placing outbound calls for follow-ups and reaching out to prospective clients.
We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented, able to multitask, works well with others, and has the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
Interested applicants must be dependable, able to follow verbal instructions, work unsupervised, possess good customer service skills, excellent communication skills, good time management, able to prioritize tasks, able to multi-task, be a team player, and lift up to 30 lbs unassisted.
- 1 year in a Veterinary Clinic is preferred, but not required.
- At least 2 years in customer service REQUIRED.
Schedule Details: Full-Time position, typically working Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 7:30 to 1 PM and Friday from 7:30 to 5:30 and Saturday from 7:30 to about 1 PM.
- The Receptionist is the first and last contact that a client will have with the daycare and a key to creating first and lasting impressions.
- Greet clients and pets by name with a smile and a positive, solution-oriented attitude.
- Answer phones promptly and professionally using a multi-line phone system; answering client inquiries about basic services.
- Schedule boarding according to scheduling guidelines.
- Enter accurate charges and collect payment when services are rendered; including cash, credit cards, and checks.
- Maintaining client and patient medical records and use of practice management software system.
- Yearly uniform allowance.
- Discount on veterinary care and products for your furry family members.
- IRA retirement plan options with company match for all staff over after 1 year of employment.
About the Company
Our Mission is to serve with excellence to promote superlative health and lasting relationships between pets, owners, and our staff in a pleasant, positive, trustworthy manner. This mission is our goal for everything we do at Santa Fe Pet Clinic. It is why we are here. Dr. Leslie Wegele bought the practice in 1993 and has sought to live out that statement since the day we opened our doors. Now he and his associate, Dr. Michelle Taylor, together have continued to improve the facilities, the medical protocols, and their own skills and education. Dr. Wegele states, “It is an ongoing process of reaching for excellence and meeting that goal to the best of our ability patient by patient and client by client.” We care about our pet owners and their pets. They are more than just business… they are family.
Please do not apply if you cannot work mornings 7:45 AM to 11 AM
We are currently seeking Kennel Techs to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is passionate about animals and working with a team. The Kennel Techs will be responsible for cleaning cages, feeding animals, and assisting veterinarians with patient care.
We are hiring for the AM shift. Those shift hours are 7:45 AM to 11 AM. The afternoon shift hours are 3:30 pm to usually 6:30 or 7 pm. We also need weekend coverage for both shifts. Your schedule will be about 25 to 30 hours a week.
- Clean kennel cages.
- Cleaning windows, cabinets, countertops, bathroom, sinks, and all surfaces in the clinic.
- Walk and feed all boarders and treatment patients.
- Give animals medicine.
- Clean up after all patients, and learn handling techniques for difficult patients.
The right candidate will show initiative and pay close attention to detail when it comes to animal care.
Previous experience caring for animals will be advantageous.
If you are interested in a career working with animals, this is the best job to learn more about the Veterinarian field of study. This job will give you a lot of on-the-job training that will be useful if you are going into any animal care career. Please check our website www.santafepetclinicolathe.com to download an application.
About Santa Fe Pet Clinic
Our Mission is to serve with excellence to promote superlative health and lasting relationships between pets, owners, and our staff in a pleasant, positive, trustworthy manner.
This mission is our goal for everything we do at Santa Fe Pet Clinic. It is why we are here. Dr. Leslie Wegele bought the practice in 1993 and has sought to live out that statement since the day we opened our doors. Now he and his associate, Dr. Michelle Taylor, together have continued to improve the facilities, the medical protocols, and their own skills and education.
Dr. Wegele states, “It is an ongoing process of reaching for excellence and meeting that goal to the best of our ability patient by patient and client by client.”
We care about our pet owners and their pets. They are more than just business… they are family.